Carol R. Berry
Ms. Berry’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions with an emphasis in the representation of developers, owners and operators of real estate and real estate-oriented businesses. Many of her clients develop and own hotel and resort properties, regional, community, and neighborhood shopping centers, and mixed-use commercial projects. Her practice involves all aspects of purchase, sale, financing (including construction and permanent loans), leasing (including ground, space, office and build-to-suit leases), development and operation of all forms of commercial, office, resort, golf course and industrial properties.
Prior to joining Teel Roeper, LLP, Ms. Berry worked as an attorney for Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps, as a San Diego County Public Defender in the County’s Child Advocacy Unit and as a law professor at California Western School of Law.
Areas of Emphasis
Commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, leasing, management, development, financing and disposition of all types of commercial, retail, hospitality and industrial properties; the structure and negotiation of equity relationships and joint ventures.
- The American Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- The San Diego County Bar Association
- L.L.M., Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1997
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of San Diego, San Diego, California, 1988
- B.S., University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire, Nursing, 1981